Founded in 1928 as The Heston Ratepayer’s Association
Below Right is an Image of a captured German plane which crashed at the top of Fern Lane after taking off from Heston. The British pilot survived the crash. The phone box on the right in picture was removed recently.
Heston Aerodrome opened in 1929 after being built by the company owned by Nigel Norman and Alan Muntz called Airwork Ltd.
It operated very succesfully for Private Flying, Military Operations, Commercial Operations, Flight Record Attempts and Resident Aircraft Manufacturers. Along with Garden Parties, Air Displays and Public Demonstrations of new aircraft.
After the 2nd world War the airfield was closed in 1947.
In 1929 the King's Cup was run from Heston and was won by R.L.R. Atcherley
Left, Shows the video of Neville Chamberlain
on his return to Heston Aerodrome
on 30th September 1938